IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING WRITING TUTORING SESSIONS
Due to the current situation with the risk of infection with the Corona virus, all writing tutoring sessions in the following weeks (weeks 12 and 13, to begin with) will be held digitally in the e-meeting tool Zoom. You simply book a session through Canvas and will be sent a link from your writing tutor so that you can join the meeting. (You will need a headset). If you already have a booked a session, you will also be contacted by the writing tutor with information and a link to Zoom.
Instead of the drop-in service in the library, we will provide 30-minute tutoring sessions online. It is possible to book a session when the regular drop-in would have occurred, i.e. Tuesdays at 10am to 12pm and Thursdays at. 13:00 to 15:00. Again, if you book a session, you will be sent a link to be able to join the meeting.
Common questions that many students have include:
- How can I clarify my ideas in a way that is easily comprehensible?
- How detailed must my written work be?
- How personal can I be when writing an academic paper?
- What is the correct way to refer to the ideas and views of others?
- How should quotations be incorporated in my text and how should I cite references
- How can I improve my vocabulary?
Where to find us:
The Language Resource Centre can be found in room D204 (Second floor, in the computer room next to the Library. Ask for directions at the Library desk)
When is the Center open?
Drop-in Tuesdays 10.00 - 12.00 (10 am-noon) and
Thursdays 13.00 - 15.00 (1 pm - 3 pm)
Book a tutoring session by Canvas
- assistance on text structure, grammar usage, word choice as well as stylistic considerations
- guidance on how you can continue to develop your language skills on your own
- answers to questions about writing conventions, e.g. spelling and punctuation.
We do not offer
- advice on content
- proof reading or editing services
Looking forward to seeing you!