National agreement allows our researchers and doctoral students to publish their articles Open Access. The agreement, Springer Compact, covers about 1700 Open Choice hybrid journals from the scientific publisher Springer without extra costs and with immediate free access.
There are several benefits for the authors:
- Increased visibility
- The authors retain copyright with a Creative Commons license
- Easy compliance with the funders Open Access policies
- Articles will be free to reuse
- Automatic deposit to Pubmed Center for its evaluation
- The University Library will pay for the Author Publication Costs (APCs) – no extra costs for the researchers
- Self-Archiving in DiVA
How to do?
- Send your article to an Open Choice journal.
- When the article is accepted, the corresponding author will receive an e-mail from the publisher to register your application.
- The library will then verify your University West affiliation and the article will be made freely available online.
Publishers we have agreements with
A three-year agreement that includes both reading rights to the 398 journals included in the Full Collection of Cambridge University Press. Unlimited publication of openly available articles in both hybrid and clean OA journals from the publisher.
Discount on publishing fees? Yes. The consortium receives a limited number of free publishing fees.
You must be the corresponding author for the agreement to apply. You must state University West as affiliation, and you are welcome to send your e-mail. Indicate West University as a payee when applying. There will also be a 10% discount on the APC. Article authors will keep their copyright and the article will be licensed with a CC-BY license.
Discount on publishing fees:
No publication fee for 'corresponding author' for publication with open access. The publication fee is prepaid by participating organizations.
Taylor & Francis
When the article is accepted for publication, the author (corresponding author) is identified using organizational permission information and email address the author provided upon submitting the article. You will receive a Creative Commons license email after the article has been accepted. Since the library verifies that you work at University West. If the journal belongs to Open Select journals, the article is made publicly available.
Discount on publishing fees: Yes.No publication fee for 'corresponding author' for publication with open access. The publication fee is prepaid by participating organizations
Information about journals and the process