Who may request interlibrary loans?
The interlibrary loan service is intended for students and staff at the University West. You can request books and article copies. For books, distance learners should try to use the nearest public library in the first place. When it comes to article copies, the same conditions apply to distance learners and campus students.
What material can be requested?
If you need literature for your studies or research (such as articles, books, films, etc.) that is not available through the Library search system or the Journal list you may request an interlibrary loan. Every interlibrary loan request is treated as a purchase suggestion. The library may turn down your request for a interlibrary loan and there are limits to how many books you may request.
Material that exist in the University Librarys catalogue but is unavailable for the moment cannot be requested as a interlibrary loan. Material that is available at the city library in Trollhättan and Vänersborg cannot be requested. Material som finns på stadsbiblioteken i Trollhättan eller Vänersborg lånas inte in. Material som är fritt tillgängligt på Internet lånas inte in.
Please note that certain materials are not available through interlibrary loan. This applies to:
- reference and course literature
- entire journal issues
- bachelor's and master's theses.
- materials that exist in the University Librarys catalogue but is unavailable for the moment.
- materials that is available at the city library in Trollhättan and Vänersborg.
- materials that are available for free online
How to make a request
- In Libris you can find literature that is available at other libraries in Sweden.
- If you order interlibrary loans often, it is easiest to obtain a user account in Libris and order yourself. Your loan card number is your Swedish personal number.
- If you order less often, it can be a good idea to order through our form down below.
In order for you to get a message when the material has arrived to the library, the library must have correct contact information. Please check your contact information on My Account.
How much does it cost? See the list of fees
Requests are binding and cannot be cancelled once they have been sent from the library.
Interlibrary loan regulations
The library cannot guarantee the date of delivery of the material. If the request is made through LIBRIS, the normal delivery time is a week, but sometimes longer. Requests are binding and cannot be cancelled once they have been sent from the library. Always write your Swedish personal number when ordering an interlibrary loan.
When the material has arrived you will receive an e-mail message or a "regular" letter, informing you that the book can be picked up at the library.
Article copies are sent to the student's home address or delivered to the staff postboxes. Article copies can only be delivered as print, never digital.
If you need to renew an interlibrary lent material, please contact us. Article copies may be kept. Your loan period and other conditions are regulated by the lending library.